Join Our Team
As our Global Girls family continues to grow, we are always looking to add members to our team. Current openings are listed below.
As a board member, you will be required to attend 10 meetings and 1 retreat throughout the year.
Board Responsibilities Include:
1) Prepare for, attend, and actively participate in monthly meetings
2) Appropriately share expertise, thoughts, and opinions with the board
3) Serve on committees to further the work undertaken by the board of directors and Global Girls. Committees include: Board Development, Finance, Fundraising & Resource Development, Marketing & Public Relations or Program. Committees meet at least monthly or more frequently as needed
4) Volunteer time and energy to special events, fundraisers, membership recruitment, and other programs
5) Stay abreast of issues related to youth in order to represent the organization’s mission, goals and needs
6) Review past board business including the minutes of each meeting
7) Support programs and decisions adopted by the board of directors
8) Understand the financial structure of the organization and approve the annual budget
9) Evaluate programs and services and provide recommendations based on knowledge of constituent needs and interests